Boo Lite Special RPD-20 BLS

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Boo Lite Special RPD-20 BLS

Post by BlueKnight » Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 am

Another little project on its way.

Gil But and I discussed a new addition for my system a month or so ago.
Boo Lite

Here is what I come up with.

A special RPD capable of 20 amps instead of the regular 15 amp (RPD15). 18" non detachable BC62 housed in a black metal BC84 chassis. The top is a laser cut and engraved black Plexiglas panel mounted with
a 15/20 amp hospital grade outlet and a round rocket bypass switch.

Since I dont' remember you have any X0e low frequency stuff in your system and if you are going to plug the BC6000 into this thing, I will install
two X0e module inside the chassis. The bypass switch will only bypass the DC blocker, the X0e modules is always connect to the circuit. All internal wiring to be double 10 awg.

This is a RPD20-BLS. If you think I go too far let me know or not far enough. :-)

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 am

The unit arrived this morning. Gil But did a wonderful job incorporating two filtering systems into one nice looking boxy. Better than anticipated...!

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 am

Very Cool ! what's your thoughts on changes perceived ? 8)

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:38 pm

I haven't played any music yet. I've been too busy riding my motorcycle. But the 'hum' from the transformer is gone.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 am

I took advantage of a rainy day yesterday to listen to some music and give my butt a rest from riding.

The buzz or hum that I experienced in the past was no longer. It used to be a minor annoyance because it would appear then disappear . Some days it was very faint and on other days, loud enough to be heard from the listening chair.

The noise could be heard from the amp's transformer and also from the power plant transformer.

I counted eight transformers in total in my system. So I can imagine how much noise was being reproduced by household lighting and from the grid.

A worthwhile investment even if you don't hear it. Because it's there!