Outpost 2

wstagner
Dealer

Outpost 2

Post by wstagner » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Last month when Gilbert returned from TAVES (the Toronto show), we were
discussing various aspects of the show. He mentioned he was using the
original Outpost product to do the PLC product series noise demo. Over the course of doing the first few demos, he found that one Outpost eliminated 75% of the noise on the connected power bar. However, killing the remaining 25% of the noise, required two additional Outposts.

When the PLC Puck was plugged into the power bar, 95% of the time the
noise was gone as soon as the Puck was plugged in. When Gilbert told me that, I thought why not make a Outpost using the same filtering as the Puck.
Long story short, after a couple of weeks, I received three of them.

I plugged them into three outlets in my room and the effect was remarkable. They work on the same priciple as the original Outpost but with the same amount of filtering as the PLC Puck and with nearly 2.5 times the original Outpost filtering power. I was so excited about this I called Gilbert to ask how much they are and can we call it the Outpost 2 (OP2).

He said even though the OP2 is supposed to have the same filtering as the Puck, since this is a parallel device, the construction is different than the Puck. Special parts had to be ordered. But today we're pleased to announced that TLP Audio has ordered a bunch of OP2 units and we can offer them to our customers exclusively from TLP Audio for a limited time.

The OP2 also installs more easily than the original Outpost. It has a short piece of wire which make it easier to install and occupies less space the the original Outpost. They are now packaged in smaller pipes just like the rest of of the PLC lineup and are all black making them easier to blend into the surroundings.

Each unit is approx 1.25" x 2".

They are available from our web site:
http://www.tlp-audio.com

The cost is for 1 OP2 is USD 70.00. A pack of three is USD 200.00.Image

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Yes I did made those little thing call the OP2. And Yes, we have an agreement with TLP Audio they are the exclusive dealer for the OP2 for a limited time. :wink:

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:54 pm

We R excited to have this new product for sale. :D

masluck
Advanced Member

Outpost 2 Redux

Post by masluck » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:44 am

I really do like Walt Stagner...I mean I do!! :D All business dealings with him have gone superbly. But I do feel compelled to reveal Walt's nefarious side. You see, he thinks a lot...a lot about BC gear and like other great BC dealers (that are well represented within these hallowed halls), he tries to see how far he can push Gil But to get more and more value out of concepts, develop products and thus create wanton desire and an ultimate parting with contents of one's wallet. The co-development of the Outpost 2 PLC represents just that - innovation and well conceived capabilities in a very consumable product (you can get (3) of those suckers for 200 clams).

Well, I am here to tell you that the Outpost 2 PLC IS NO JOKE :shock: :D :shock: I had (2) available outlets on my BC6020/Xe1 - MR1200 combo. I put one (in the middle) on each PLC and let them run in for a few days. One could argue that I have a reasonably resolving system and after some careful listening this morning noticed that my rig went up a notch in that category. It is just better (bass, midrange, highs, stage (height, width and depth))!!! I really like the direction that the PLC Puck technology family is headed. Guys and gals - you could spend $200 on dinner. Call me a PLC Puck shill (go ahead) or heed this warning and forget I wrote this, so Walt won't extract anything from your wallet and you could go get a steak or something... :D :D

Very HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Now what to do with the third one???

Mark

mrvco

Post by mrvco » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:56 pm

I have a PLC Thingee FX-2 w/ X0e that has done absolute wonders in cleaning up electrical noise in my home office 2ch system.

I do still get some chatter from a mini fridge, mainly when the compressor kicks on and I'd like to mitigate that as much as possible, short of removing it entirely.

Should I try a PLC Outpost 2 connected to the outlet used by the mini fridge? Or is there another BCA product that I should be considering?

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Re: Outpost 2 Redux

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 am

masluck wrote:r

Now what to do with the third one???

Mark
Err...My birthday is coming....Image

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:58 am

mrvco wrote:I have a PLC Thingee FX-2 w/ X0e that has done absolute wonders in cleaning up electrical noise in my home office 2ch system.

I do still get some chatter from a mini fridge, mainly when the compressor kicks on and I'd like to mitigate that as much as possible, short of removing it entirely.

Should I try a PLC Outpost 2 connected to the outlet used by the mini fridge? Or is there another BCA product that I should be considering?
Hello mrvco, welcome on board.

You can try to use one OP2 on the same outlet of the minifridge. If that proves working by decreasing the amount of noise but not quite entirely, you can try OP2 double and OP2 triple. Double has twices the filtering as the original OP2 and triple has three times.

Hope this help.

mrvco

Post by mrvco » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Gilbert Y wrote:
mrvco wrote:I have a PLC Thingee FX-2 w/ X0e that has done absolute wonders in cleaning up electrical noise in my home office 2ch system.

Hello mrvco, welcome on board.

You can try to use one OP2 on the same outlet of the minifridge. If that proves working by decreasing the amount of noise but not quite entirely, you can try OP2 double and OP2 triple. Double has twices the filtering as the original OP2 and triple has three times.

Hope this help.
Thanks Gilbert!