New BC1022 Video Review

Ice Man
Advanced Member

New BC1022 Video Review

Post by Ice Man » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Overall, I think it was a very good review. Like many of us, once he started playing music, his listening session went all night long. My experience with the BC1022 was very similar to his, except that I loved the top-end. By far, one of the best amps I have ever heard, and I immensely loved my time with it. I posted my review from Axpona 2013. Fantastic amp, killer value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1uGY-4 ... e=youtu.be

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:25 pm

I agree. The fact that he didn't wanna give the BC-1022 up, pretty much says it all.

masluck
Advanced Member

BC 1022 Live Review

Post by masluck » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Team BC,

Personally, I like the live review - there should be more of them (but not boring ones like that Peter B. does at the Asshole Asylum - he scares me like clowns scare kids...Doh!!) Anyhow, like ALL BC products, due to the massive power supplies (at least to this man's ears), they require extensive break in time (counted in months, not weeks). My upgrade to my BC26 took months, as did the GZpz SE upgrade to my preamp. I would never characterize the upper end of any BC gear the way the reviewer did, but heck man, if it was bad how come he listened to it for hours and hours?? It may be that he caught it during an "unruly period" we have all been through...I have not met BC kit that I don't like and that includes the solid state stuff that Bob drools over as well... :D :D :shock: :shock:

Peace,

Mark

wstagner
Dealer

Post by wstagner » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

There is a lot to like in the review and I enjoyed watching it. He's got an engaging persona. I mean a review can't be 100% positive, can it?

Whenever I read a review of something I'm considering purchasing, I always look for the one star reviews first. If there's a preponderance of 4-5 stars reviews, to me those "win". :wink:

Bob Neill
Dealer

Yeah but...

Post by Bob Neill » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Before I credit somebody's comment such as his about the treble range of the 1022 I'd like to know what his preamp and cables are. I had that exact same demo 1022 here and the treble was sweet.

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:15 pm

The BC1022/BC107 combo is my favourite (though the 2K4sh is also fantastic) and are in my 'top' system.

Even with other preamplifiers, the top end of the BC1022 is, as Bob mentions, 'sweet' so I was also caught off guard at that assessment during the review.

The reviewer is self aware as he mentions he has younger ears however his description of the top end makes me think his speaker and cable combination may be on the bright side.

Of course I'm guessing as I have no idea what he has or how it sounded in his listening space.

Enjoyable to watch his reviews though.
Mystic Audio - Please visit us at www.mysticaudio.ca