Congrats to Gilbert and Blue Circle Audio 28 years

wstagner
Dealer

Congrats to Gilbert and Blue Circle Audio 28 years

Post by wstagner » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Seems like only yesterday, but it truly has been 28 years since Gilbert started Blue Circle Audio.

Our collective hats are off to you, sir.
:D

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I second that! I've had nothing but good experience with both the gear and the company. Gilbert does amazing things, and he does them the right way (and his own way). Can't say I've been there since the beginning, but I did have a BC 6 in the early 2000's.

bill

Post by bill » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Congratulation from a newbie. I love my gear and get lost in the music all the time now. I really appreciation all your help along the way.
Continued success in the future!
Bill Arfsten

Tannoy62

Post by Tannoy62 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Congratulations Gilbert! I'm new here so what better way to start things off than with a big thank you for all your hard work, dedication, humor and getting us oh so closer to the music. ( moozic )?

I'm about ready to send in my BC21.1/BC22 for upgrades. Looking forward to it. They synergize very well with my Tannoy's.

G....."this could be the start of a wonderful relationship".....

Regards,
David

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, Congrats Gil But!!!

In March of 2000, I ordered a BC 21 preamp, BC 26 power amp, BC 23 phono stage, BC 85.1 power conditioner, BC 95 interconnects, BC 61 and BC 62 power cords (all sight unseen). I never auditioned a single piece BC gear before I ordered all of that equipment in one order!! Since then, I have come to know and respect Gil But and be moved by his sound. He is one of the most responsive manufacturers there is. If you can dream it, he can do it.

I have since moved up through many upgrades, some just made for me and I have never heard "you need to buy our new XYZ amp if you want that". For the dealers here that represent other manufacturers, who does that besides BC (and at the depth across the entire line of gear)???

IMHO, NOBODY in the high end field understands power supply architecture (and its profound influences on sound) as well as he does and up until recently, you never could find farads worth of capacitance in other manufacturers gear (if EVER in things like preamps and DACs).

If there was a lifetime achievement award for continued innovation in high end electronics design and timeless implementation, it would be given to him. I will leave the earth as a BC owner and although my opinions on this forum differ from others, it is assuring that Gil But makes something for everyone and that is COOL!!

So congratulations for 28 years Gil But, Al and all those that make it happen at Blue Circle Audio!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 am

My love affair with BooSirkle started in late 1997 with the purchase of a Power Line Pillow. And then I started sending my pension check directly to GilBut.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:30 am

Thank you guys. I didn't know this year was 28th years of Blue Circle. I think three years ago someone sent me those gold and red sticker 25th year promotion. Nobody remind me of my old age until a few days ago Linked IN sent me an e-mail about anniversary and I thought it was because I re-open my Linked IN account a year ago. :lol: :) :D

You see, I work here 7 days a week dates and months and years doesn't seem to count "easily" so I have gave up long time ago of how many years I have been with Blue Circle.

Since I have been around for 28 years this August, I am going on a 3 weeks vacation. We are closing on the 18th of this month and re-open on the 8th of September. Someone may answer e-mail once every second or third day but there is nobody here to answer the phone.

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Mercy ! :shock: A long time indeed, my own affiliation with BC (and G) goes back.. many.. many years to when I (as a new audio writer) was chosen to review some BC gear ... I'm not sure who was more at risk in this situation, Gilbert for having an "unknown" writer go at his gear, or me, getting drawn into the BC universe of audio differentia :lol: Coming off a whack of heavy metal Krell, Aragon, et al, at the time was like getting hit in the head with a brick in terms of an audio reawakening, but it proved worthy.. so much so, that I largely abandoned my interest in writing ABOUT audio, .. and really, just ENJOY audio (and more importantly .. the music) courtesy of Blue Circle gear.
So.. Cheers G ! lets hope for many more creative and productive years distilling audio into something people enjoy listening too.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Geez, has it really been 28 years? Congratulations Gilbert, that is an incredible achievement!

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:18 am

nikki wrote:Geez, has it really been 28 years? Congratulations Gilbert, that is an incredible achievement!
But I don't feel like I have achieved anything. Still need to work harder to go farther. Life's kind of sucks that way, isn't it? :lol: :)